Case Manager - Housing
The LGBTQ Center of Durham’s vision is to create a community where all LGBTQ+ lived experiences are affirmed, supported, and celebrated.
The LGBTQ Center of Durham supports LGBTQ+ people through services, programming, resources, and support networks that center their well-being and allows them to thrive.
Core programs include Project FAM, GRASP, LGBTQ+ Youth Center, a re-centered Pride, and other gender-inclusive support programs. Located in downtown Durham, North Carolina, the Center has a staff of eleven, a nine-member Board of Directors and an annual operating budget of approximately $1,500,000+.
The Case Manager will provide assessment, resource navigation, limited crisis intervention, and supportive counseling, and coordinate grant deliverables for clients in Project FAM.
Case management services are tailored individually and are trauma-informed, goal-oriented, and intentionally approached with each client’s unique needs in mind. Core outcomes for all clients include strengthening independent living skills and increasing life satisfaction, joy, and holistic wellness.
Work experience requirements:
- At least 2 years experience working with individuals who are or have experienced:
- Significant trauma histories and complex mental health needs
- Homelessness and/or housing instability
- Survivors of intimate partner and sexual violence
- Sex workers
- Substance use concerns
- People with disabilities and varied abilities
- Low socio-economic status
- …and more
- At least 2 years experience working with and/or personal lived experience as LGBTQ+ folks and BIPOC communities.
- At least 2 years experience working in a case management role.
- Undergraduate degree in social work, counseling or similar or 5 years of experience in a relevant mental health setting.
- Graduate degree in social work or a closely related field is strongly preferred.
To see the full job description, click here.
Instructions to apply:
All applications for the Case Manager must be received by 5 pm on Friday, November 18, 2022.
To ensure a complete application, we strongly encourage you to use our application page to apply for this position. Alternatively, you may email a formal cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, or mail both items to:
LGBTQ Center of Durham
attn: Job Opportunities
112 W. Main Street, Floor 2
Durham NC 27701.
We will not review incomplete applications. Given the number of anticipated applications, we request that you follow-up by email only -- no phone calls, please.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.