Hint: Use your device's search function (Ctrl-F or Command-F on a computer) to search through the listed resources for key terms, such as 'GSA' or 'tutor'.
- Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity • 125 Science Dr., Bryan Center 100, Box 90937, Durham NC 27708-0937 • 919-684-6607 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity works towards creating a more inclusive campus climate at Duke University. We also serve and support Duke alumni/ae and the greater LGBTQ community.
- Duke LGBT Network • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • The Duke LGBT Network is an organization dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of the University. Our goal is to stay connected to Duke and to each other and our allies through professional networking.
- LGBTQ+ College Student Guide • Website • Our new guide provides prospective students and their families with tools to identify the right schools, an overview of common challenges, tips for applying, and details on the federal laws that protect LGBTQ students.
- NC State GLBT Center • NCSU Campus Box 7295, Raleigh NC 27695 • 919-513-9742 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • The mission of the NC State GLBT Center is to engage, develop, and empower members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities and their allies at North Carolina State University.
- NCCU LGBTA Resource Center • 1801 Fayetteville St., A.E. Student Union-G-64, Durham NC 27702 • 919-530-5545 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • The LGBTA Resource Center strives to create an inclusive campus community by providing support services, educational programs, advocacy and opportunities for leadership development. We serve NCCU and the surrounding community.
- Transgender College Student Resource Guide • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn • As you know, trans, nonbinary, and gender-nonconforming students report mental health issues at a much higher rate than their college peers. Our team at AffordableCollegesOnline.org believes college should be a place of inclusion. This is why we created two resources in support of trans students working towards their education. Our guides include:
Finding Supportive Colleges & On-Campus Communities
Transgender Scholarship Opportunities
Coming out on campus & student rights against discrimination
Read them here:
Transgender College Student Guide
Scholarships for Transgender Students
- UNC Chapel Hill LGBTQ Center • SASB North, 450 Ridge Road Suite 3226, Chapel Hill NC 27599 • 919-843-5376 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • The LGBTQ Center works to foster a safe, inclusive environment for UNC-Chapel Hill community members of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- Underage Drinking and Its Dangers • 888-795-0694 • email@example.com • https://www.brownandcrouppen.com/underage-drinking-and-its-dangers/ • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn • As you know, alcohol affects a variety of aspects for everybody, but especially mental health. We recently made a guide about underage drinking and included information about that as well as the dangers of it, how it affects teens mentally, and other ways we can all ensure safety
- Zoe Voigt - Writing tutor • Durham NC • firstname.lastname@example.org • LinkedIn • Tutoring for students who want to improve their writing, or who want support for writing college application essays.