Bodywork, Massage, and Yoga
Hint: Use your device's search function (Ctrl-F or Command-F on a computer) to search through the listed resources for key terms, such as 'wax', 'FSA' or 'deep tissue'.
February 2023: We have recently added two fields to our request form. You will see LGBTQ-owned? and AAILA-owned? on some entries. These are self-declared fields. AAILA is 'African, Asian, Indigenous, Latin American'.
Bodywork, Massage, and You
- Auroraflow • 9192299555 • email@example.com • 607 William Vickers Ave • Website • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Auroraflow is a value-driven business that is guided by our mission to facilitate accessible wellness experiences that improve the lives of our team, clients, and community.
At this time we offer massage, facials, and non-gendered waxing services with a focus on serving historically marginalized groups, particularly those in the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Blue Water Spa • 919-870-6066 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 4233 Corners Pkwy Suite 110 Raleigh NC, 27703 • Website • Instagram • Since opening in 2002, Blue Water Spa has consistently supported the LGBT community in The Triangle. Laser hair removal for transgender women is a very popular procedure at our medical spa, with the latest technology for all skin complexions.
- Ember Bodywork • email@example.com • Website • Instagram • Ember Bodywork provides grounding, restorative, and intuitive touch to every body. Cleo Hyzy (she/her, LMBT #18810) is a trans and queer massage therapist and energy healing practitioner. Sliding scale sessions, LGBTQ-centered practice. • LGBTQ-owned? Yes • AAILA-Owned? No
- Global Breath Yoga & Meditation Center • 9196457070 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 1809 Chapel Hill Road • Website • Instagram • Global Breath Yoga & Meditation Center is located in the Lakewood neighborhood in Durham and is Queer-owned and Community-supported. We offer both in person and virtual classes, and free classes to our BIPOC and Trans communities. You can come here for Yoga & Meditation Classes, Teacher Trainings, Mindfulness Workshops and other opportunities to connect with your community.
Our mission is to create an inclusive healing space for the people of the Triangle. It is the home to a diverse wellness community, that fosters social change by decolonizing our Yoga practices, unlearning our social biases, and changing our culture through our relationships with ourselves, and others. • LGBTQ-owned? Yes • AAILA-Owned? No
- Habitual Massage • 9198854427 • email@example.com • 906 Broad St, Durham, NC 27705 • Website • Instagram • Stephanie Pia, LMBT is a first-generation Chinese American queer femme that grew up in Chapel Hill, NC. Having 10 years of experience, her approach has grown to become a combination of deep tissue techniques, myofascial release, stretching & ROM exercises geared towards pain and posture management. FSA accepted, please inquire about need-based sliding scale!
- The Medical Massage Clinic of Durham, LLC • 919-824-6838 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 1515 West NC Hwy 54, Suite 210, Durham, NC 27707 • Website • The Medical Massage Clinic of Durham, LLC, specializes in chronic pain relief and lymphatic drainage. We are owned and operated by a member of the LGBTQ+ community and are committed to creating a safe space for all of our clients. We hope to see you soon where therapy and relaxation meet.
- Megan Bowser • 9198861553 • email@example.com • Megan Bowser, LMBT • Radical Healing, 2009 Chapel Hill Road, Durham NC • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • I offer an integrative and trauma sensitive approach to massage and bodywork therapy for a deeper sense of embodied connection. Sessions include integrative reflexology, cupping massage, biodynamic cardiovascular therapy, myofascial massage, Swedish (or relaxation focused) massage, table Thai massage, somatic meditation or movement practices.My office is located at Radical Healing, an intentionally BIPOC centered and LGBTQ+ affirming campus for healing and wellness. Learn more on my website and schedule your appointment online.
- Megan Rowell Massage Therapy • 1312 Broad Street, Durham NC 27705 • 423-360-3521 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • I am a licensed massage therapist who has an explicitly queer-affirming practice. I am comfortable with conversation and bodywork that acknowledges the importance of one's identity in relation to gender and sexuality.
- Skyclad Yoga of the Triangle • Website • Skyclad Yoga of the Triangle was established to provide a good space for men to practice naked yoga. We're looking to build community and peace among men. Guys from all walks of life are welcome. See Meetup link for information and sign-up.
- The Embodied Phyzio • firstname.lastname@example.org • 4125 Durham chapel hill blvd, Unit 10, Durham, NC 27707, United States • 4125 Durham chapel hill blvd, Unit 10, Durham, NC 27707, United States • The Embodied Phyzio is built around the concept of movement as medicine, blending the emotional and physical aspects of care. We use coaching for strength based functional movement to support change in muscles, viscera, and fascia. We has a passion for building bodies and movement patterns that are durable, beautiful, and functional from the inside out. We are passionate about integrating the physical, the emotional, and the spiritual, and to helping you feel empowered on all levels of your being.
- Vigor + Vim • 2007 Chapel Hill Road Durham, NC 27707 • 857-334-7225 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Vitality and Belonging are the foundation of my work. As the owner of vigor + vim, I see a diverse range of clients looking for pain-relief, relaxation, movement therapy and coaching on well-being. My work highlights equitable care and access for unique populations, with a focus on LGBTQI+ , dancers, artists, and marginalized people. Care and support is a human right, and all of my offerings support the financial, physical, and social empowerment of these communities.
- Wellville Massage and Healing Arts • 3401 University Drive, Durham NC 27707 • 919-730-4542 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Wellville is an integrative healing center that aims to build a stronger and healthier community. We are LGBTQ affirming and encouraging of everyone's self care path. Gender affirming waxing, skin care, and wellness services proudly provided.
- Yoga for Queers and Misfits / InQlusive Yoga • Durham, NC • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Donation-based, all-levels yoga centering queer, trans*, gender nonconforming, big-bodied, and otherwise 'othered' folks. Since 2010. @liberate2heal on IG or use email/website for more info.