Community Support and Resources
Hint: Use your device's search function (Ctrl-F or Command-F on a computer) to search through the listed resources for key terms, such as 'birth', 'older adult' or 'support'.
Community Support and Resources
- Carolina Doula Collective • Raleigh NC 27607 • 910-808-9421 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Carolina Doula Collective is a birth services group that offers birth doula services, birth photography, placenta encapsulation, and new doula mentorship. We specialize in providing professional, culturally competent care in all birth settings.
- Compass Center • 210 Henderson St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 • 919-968-4610 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Compass Center offers free 15 minute calls with attorneys, financial and career workshops, family law workshops, support groups for LGBTQ survivors of domestic violence, general support groups, referrals to Wheels4Hope and other community resources.
- David Young Oh • firstname.lastname@example.org • Radical Healing, 2007-2009 Chapel Hill Road, Durham, NC 27707 • Website • Facebook • Radical Healing is an intentional, radically inclusive, LGBTQ+, multiracial and multicultural home for healing and wellness. We facilitate and support many groups, community events and individual, couple and family wellness support services.
- The Dress Rehearsal • 2674672262 • email@example.com • Website • Instagram • The Dress Rehearsal offer sex + intimacy coaching &; sex education services. Intimacy, communication, gender and sexuality are core parts of who we are, but—spoiler ahead!—we live in a world that makes us nervous (even ashamed) to approach these parts of ourselves, especially if we move through society in marginalized bodies. But not here.
Here, you can exhale and try a different way with curiosity, tenderness, and—dare I say— pleasure! The Dress Rehearsal offers 1:1 coaching, sex education workshops, trains professionals, and works with folks of all genders and sexualities. Monogamous, polyamorous, in a relationship(s), single, or anywhere in-between.
- Durham Crisis Response Center • 206 N Dillard Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-403-6562 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • DCRC works with the community to end domestic and sexual violence through advocacy, education, support and prevention. Services provided free include: 24-hour crisis line, hospital and court accompaniment, and individual/support group counseling.
- El Centro Hispano • 600 E. Main St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-687-4638 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • El Centro Hispano (ECH) is a 501(c)(3) grassroots community based organization dedicated to strengthening the Hispanic/Latino community and improving the quality of life of Hispanic/Latino residents in Durham, Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas.
- Emerald Doulas, LLC (Doula Services and Support Groups) • 5315 Highgate Drive Suite 202, Durham NC 27713 • 919-864-8361 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Emerald Doulas is a full-service doula agency which values and supports all families, regardless of how they're created. Our doulas, educators and group leaders strive to provide a safe space for all new families and parents.
- LGBT Center of Raleigh • 919-832-4484 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn • Our Mission is to serve, empower, and advocate for the well-being of our diverse LGBTQ+ communities.
Our Vision is that we envision an inclusive world where LGBTQ+ people are thriving, equal, and valued members of society.
- LGBTQ Community Center of Greensboro • 1205 W Bessemer Ave Suite 226, Greensboro, NC 27408 • 336-790-8419 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • The LGBTQ Center has a part-time Center Mgr & volunteers who provide programs re. healthcare, legal rights/self-advocacy, college connections, aging, and transgender issues. Meeting space for community groups (max capacity 24).
- TheLRoom • 9196380050 • email@example.com • POB 15931 • Website • “Every Woman Deserves A Mini Break” Serving the needs of women in a safe space.
Intergenerational women's space dedicated to All Women regardless of their gender identity, race or religion
- Oak City Cares • (984) 344-9599 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 1430 S. Wilmington St. • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn • Oak City Cares is a hub for connecting individuals and families, who are at risk of, or are experiencing homelessness, to coordinated services offered by human service professionals, medical providers, and other specialists. Open seven days a week.
- Orange County Rape Crisis Center • 919-967-7273 • email@example.com • 1229 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • Website • Facebook • The Orange County Rape Crisis Center offers survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones support through 24/7 Help Line, referrals, hospital and legal accompaniment, therapy, advocacy and support groups. The OCRCC also offers a support group for LGBTQ-identified survivors. 24 Hour Helpline (call or text): 919-967-7273
- Openly Aging, LLC • 9193237539 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Instagram • Openly Aging is here to help local families navigate the confusing and overwhelming world of age. I have over 17 years of experience working with older adults and can guide families to resources and support that will help during this time in life. I am also very passionate about education regarding aging and have presentations I can do to groups. I can also help with health fairs, support groups and anything to do with aging.
- PFLAG Triangle • 814 Dixie Trail, Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-354-2999 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • PFLAG Triangle is a volunteer organization made up of parents, family, friends, allies and lgbt individuals working together to provide support, advocacy and education for the lgbt community and public. Monthly support meetings in Raleigh and Durham