Community Support and Resources
Community Support and Resources
- Carolina Doula Collective • Raleigh NC 27607 • 910-808-9421 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Carolina Doula Collective is a birth services group that offers birth doula services, birth photography, placenta encapsulation, and new doula mentorship. We specialize in providing professional, culturally competent care in all birth settings.
- Compass Center • 210 Henderson St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 • 919-968-4610 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Compass Center offers free 15 minute calls with attorneys, financial and career workshops, family law workshops, support groups for LGBTQ survivors of domestic violence, general support groups, referrals to Wheels4Hope and other community resources.
- Durham Crisis Response Center • 206 N Dillard Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-403-6562 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • DCRC works with the community to end domestic and sexual violence through advocacy, education, support and prevention. Services provided free include: 24-hour crisis line, hospital and court accompaniment, and individual/support group counseling.
- El Centro Hispano • 600 E. Main St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-687-4638 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • El Centro Hispano (ECH) is a 501(c)(3) grassroots community based organization dedicated to strengthening the Hispanic/Latino community and improving the quality of life of Hispanic/Latino residents in Durham, Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas.
- Emerald Doulas, LLC (Doula Services and Support Groups) • 5315 Highgate Drive Suite 202, Durham NC 27713 • 919-864-8361 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Emerald Doulas is a full-service doula agency which values and supports all families, regardless of how they're created. Our doulas, educators and group leaders strive to provide a safe space for all new families and parents.
- LGBT Center of Raleigh • 324 South Harrington Street • 919-832-4484 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • To strengthen individual and community development through social and educational activities; to facilitate the incubation of supportive services and groups; and to identify needs and advocate for resources benefiting the diverse LGBT population.
- LGBTQ Community Center of Greensboro • 1205 W Bessemer Ave Suite 226, Greensboro, NC 27408 • 336-790-8419 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The LGBTQ Center has a part-time Center Mgr & volunteers who provide programs re. healthcare, legal rights/self-advocacy, college connections, aging, and transgender issues. Meeting space for community groups (max capacity 24).
- Oak City Cares (formerly Oak City Outreach Center) • 1430 South Wilmington Street, Raleigh, NC 27603 • 919-790-8533 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Oak City Cares is a hub for connecting individuals and families, who are at risk of, or are experiencing homelessness, to coordinated services offered by human service professionals, medical providers, and other specialists. Open 9am-5pm Seven Days
- Orange County Rape Crisis Center • 1506 East Franklin St Suite 302, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-967-7273 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The Orange County Rape Crisis Center offers survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones support through a 24/7 Help Line, referrals, accompaniment and support groups. The OCRCC also offers a support group for LGBTQ-identified survivors.
- PFLAG Triangle • 814 Dixie Trail, Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-354-2999 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • PFLAG Triangle is a volunteer organization made up of parents, family, friends, allies and lgbt individuals working together to provide support, advocacy and education for the lgbt community and public. Monthly support meetings in Raleigh and Durham
- Triangle Empowerment Center, Inc. • 1415 Holloway Street Suite B12, Durham NC 27701 • 800-806-3558 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • A non-profit organization that currently provides a variety of services to at-risk minority health disparities and anyone in crisis and in need of empowerment. This includes (but not limited to) HIV/STI testing, counseling prevention, etc.
- Wellness and Education Community Action Health Network (WECAHN) • 401A North Ivey Ave, Siler City NC 27344 • 919-742-3762 • [email protected] • Facebook • Twitter • WECAHN provides HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing, prevention education and HIV Case Management in 7 base counties of which Durham is one. We provide referral service to care for people living with HIV/AIDS.