Hint: Use your device's search function (Ctrl-F or Command-F on a computer) to search through the listed resources for key terms, such as 'tax', 'family' or 'estate'.
February 2023: We have recently added two fields to our request form. You will see LGBTQ-owned? and AAILA-owned? on some entries. These are self-declared fields. AAILA is 'African, Asian, Indigenous, Latin American'.
- ACLU of North Carolina • PO Box 28004, Raleigh NC 27611 • 919-834-3466 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The ACLU of North Carolina is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to preserving the guarantees on individual liberty found in the Bill of Rights and the Federal/State Constitution through education and legal advocacy.
- Bull City Legal Services • 919-886-4296 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 504 E Pettigrew St, #359, Durham, NC 27701 • Website • Instagram • Bull City Legal Services is a law firm that provides civil legal services for clients who do not qualify for free legal assistance, but who cannot afford to hire a traditional firm. • LGBTQ-owned? No • AAILA-Owned? No
- Kelly Fairman • 5003 Southpark Drive Suite 260, Durham NC 27713 • 919-794-5963 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • An experienced family law attorney, defense of DWIs or felonies, experienced trial attorney in both family and criminal cases, and a certified mediator.
- Law Offices of Amy W. Osborne • 9199135328 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 1145 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary NC 27511 • Website • We provide elder law and estate planning, estate and trust administration, business representation, and collaborative family law. • LGBTQ-owned? No • AAILA-Owned? Yes
- Law Office of Cheri Patrick • 100 E. Parrish St. Ste 400, Durham, NC 27701 • 919-956-7171 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Providing family law services to all of our families for over fifteen years. Marriage, Divorce, Adoption, Child Custody, Support Issues, Separation Agreements.
- NicholsonPham Attorneys at Law • 9198834900 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 113 Broadway St • Website • LGBT owned law firm providing adoption, surrogacy, ART, Estate Planning and family litigation services.
- Raleigh Family Law, PLLC • 879 Washington Street, Raleigh NC 27605 • 919-821-2001 • email@example.com • Website • Adoptions, absolute divorce, assisted reproduction issues, child custody, child support, collaborative divorce, mediation, name changes, spousal support, premarital agreements, property division, separation agreements, and other family law issues.
- Raleigh Immigration Law Firm • 919-376-2933 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 4819 Emperor Blvd. #400, Durham NC 27703 • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • We're a queer-owned, bilingual, mid-sized immigration law firm dedicated to keeping families together. We believe that hard work and a kind soul matter more than place of birth. In addition to our private legal work for individuals, we're proud to do extensive pro bono work, including presentations (in Spanish and English) about options for getting work permits and green cards, immigration hot topics, know-your-rights, and how people can safely keep their families together. • LGBTQ-owned? Yes • AAILA-Owned? No
- Scharff Law Firm • 827-B N Bloodworth St. Raleigh, NC 27604 • 919-457-1954 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Amily (she/her/hers) is a white queer ciswoman offering representation for the Durham LGBTQ+ community in the areas of expunctions (clearing criminal records), assistance with restraining orders for victims of domestic & sexual violence and stalking, and gender marker/name changes. Amily offers free consultations and is committed to ensuring that our community can access legal representation regardless of ability to pay.
- Sharon Thompson, NicholsonPham, PLLC • 113 Broadway St., Durham NC 27701 • 919-883-4900 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Law firm focusing on issues of stepparent adoption, adoption, surrogacy, estate planning, family law for the lgbtq community and allied communities.
- Sherry Honeycutt Everett, Attorney at Law • 120 E. Parrish Street Suite 210, Durham NC 27701 • 919-414-9491 • email@example.com • Provides legal services to survivors of domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault in Durham.
- The Child's Advocate • 919-821-5393 • PO Box 106, Raleigh, NC 27602 • Website • The Child’s Advocate is a project of Legal Aid of North Carolina that provides attorneys for children in highly contested private custody cases. We are appointed by judges in family court in Wake and Durham counties to represent children in cases with the following: domestic violence, child abuse or mistreatment, substance abuse or mental instability of a parent, relocation of a parent, or a child with special needs. By working with the parents and their attorneys, we settle most of our cases without the need for a trial. But when a trial is necessary, we present evidence and call witnesses so that the Court learns about the child’s experience, concerns and preferences. Our role is different from that of a guardian ad litem (GAL). Instead of deciding what is best for our clients, we investigate and advocate for what our clients believe is best for them. To do this, we collaborate with mental health providers so we can better understand our clients’ perspectives and preferences. Throughout our representation of our clients, we maintain a confidential attorney-client relationship. The Child’s Advocate recruits and trains pro bono attorneys from the private family law bar to ensure that we have the resources to represent every child appointed an attorney. Our hope is to gradually expand our services to additional counties in North Carolina. • LGBTQ-owned? No • AAILA-Owned? No
- Valerie Johnson • Copeley Johnson & Groninger PLLC, 300 Blackwell St Suite 101, Durham NC 27701 • 919-249-4054 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • We represent sexual abuse and sexual harassment survivors and victims of crime; workers' compensation and personal injury law.