Religious and Spiritual Groups
Hint: Use your device's search function (Ctrl-F or Command-F on a computer) to search through the listed resources for key terms, such as 'UCC' or 'community'.
February 2023: We have recently added two fields to our request form. You will see LGBTQ-owned? and AAILA-owned? on some entries. These are self-declared fields. AAILA is 'African, Asian, Indigenous, Latin American'.
Religious and Spiritual Groups
- Beth El Synagogue • 1004 Watts Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-682-1238 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Vibrant & diverse pluralistic membership. Egalitarian Conservative congregation with an Orthodox Kehillah. Other alternative services sometimes offered include healing yoga, meditation, Egalitarian Orthodox, children's, & feminist minyanim.
- Binkley Baptist Church • 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-942-4964 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Binkley Baptist Church is a community of faith on a journey that calls for questioning, humility and conviction. As followers of Jesus, we embrace spiritual growth, mutual care and service, assured that as we serve our neighbors, we also serve God.
- Elizabeth Street United Methodist Church • 304 E Trinity Ave, Durham NC • 919-688-7138 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Calvary UMC was the first Reconciling Congregation in the Carolinas. We've been called to blaze a pathway to grace, to offer God's love to all, and to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Join us on Sundays - Morning Prayer: 10:30am Worship: 11:00am
- Durham Friends Meeting • 984.377.4492 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 404 Alexander Ave, Durham, NC 27705 • Website • Facebook • All are welcome to join us as we worship in the traditional “unprogrammed” manner of Friends. We have no ritual, liturgy, creed, sermon or prepared music. Our activities are organized and conducted by members and attenders as volunteers.
- Emmaus Way • 916 Lamond Ave, Durham NC 27701 • Website • Facebook • Emmaus Way is a missional, hospitable, open, affirming, and theologically diverse community. We are captivated by the Gospel and rooted in the Open Table. We welcome all.
- Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) • 4907 Garrett Rd., Durham NC 27707 • 919-489-2575 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • The mission of ERUUF is to transform lives by building a free and inclusive covenantal religious community of spirit, service, justice and love. All are welcome!
- The Episcopal Church of the Advocate • 8410 Merin Road, Chapel Hill NC 27516 • 919-219-4437 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • At the Episcopal Church of the Advocate, tradition, liturgy and reason meet compassion, justice and transformation. We welcome people from every kind of household, at every stage of life and faith and doubt.
- Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church • 2723 Clark Avenue Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-828-1687 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • All are welcome, whatever your age, race, identities, orientation, or status. Come for worship built on traditional Lutheran liturgy with communion, faith education for all ages, social outreach, and fellowship.
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church • 919.942.2678 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 227 East Rosemary Street, Chapel Hill 27514 • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • We are a Christian congregation called to unite people from diverse backgrounds enabling them to grow in the love of Jesus Christ. We therefore respond to the vision to which God has called us — to proclaim this good news and to welcome in our congregation all people without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, culture or ethnic background, physical or mental abilities, family or socioeconomic status, gender or age. We pledge to ourselves and all others that we will strive to live as a reconciling people in our life together and in our outreach to the world.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and Lutheran Campus Ministry are part of Reconciling in Christ Congregations/Organizations. https://www.reconcilingworks.org/ric/ • LGBTQ-owned? No • AAILA-Owned? No
- Hillsborough United Church (UCC) • 200 Davis Road, Hillsborough NC • 919-732-9183 • Hucc@hucc.org • Website • A progressive,inclusive,creative,caring, and kid-friendly faith community for all people.
- Imani MCC of Durham • Physical Location: 3602 C-View Street, Durham NC • ChurchAdmin@ImaniMCC.org • Website • Facebook • Imani MCC of Durham - a church where, through faith, all can experience and express God's irresistible love through worship, word, oneness, wonder and witness. Mailing address: PO Box 13172, Durham NC 27709-3172.
- Judea Reform Congregation • 1933 W Cornwallis Rd, Durham NC 27705 • 919-489-7062 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Judea Reform is an inclusive reform synagogue primarily serving Durham and Chapel Hill. Our cherished values and traditions include: lifelong learning, social justice, worship, celebration, community,
- Pilgrim United Church of Christ • 3011 Academy Rd, Durham NC 27707 • 919-489-1381 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • We are an Open & Affirming church welcoming ALL regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, social or economic status, physical or mental abilities. Join us in community ministry & in worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30.
- Raleigh Friends Meeting (Quakers) • 625 Tower St., Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-821-4414 • email@example.com • Website • Raleigh Friends Meeting is a non-pastoral Quaker community which invites & welcomes all seekers of the Truth without regard to race, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We worship in silence, waiting upon the Spirit for its expression.
- St. Joseph's Episcopal Church • 919-286-1064 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 1902 West Main Street • Website • Instagram • St. Joe's is a welcoming community-oriented congregation with LGBTQ+ persons at all levels of leadership.
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church • 1737 Hillandale Rd., Durham, NC 27705 • 919-286-2273 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • At St. Luke's we welcome individuals of every race, nationality, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation, and economic circumstance to join us on our journey toward a deeper, richer relationship with God.
- St. Philip's Episcopal Church • 919-682-5708 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 403 E. Main St., Durham NC 27701 • Website • Facebook • Instagram • As a congregation of worship, love, and action, St. Philip's is a church for all people. We welcome people of every race, nationality, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation, and economic circumstance to participate fully in the life of the church.
- Temple Beth Or • 5315 Creedmoor Rd, Raleigh NC 27612 • 919-781-4895 • RabbiDinner@gmail.com • Website • Facebook • Reform Jewish congregation, embracing diverse individuals and families, working to build a community reflective of God's presence in humanity.
- Triangle Insight Meditation Community • Episcopal Center at Duke, 505 Alexander Ave, Durham NC 27705 • 919-383-0179 • email@example.com • Website • Our mission is to support the practice of insight meditation and the teachings of the Buddha. Our goal is to reduce suffering end all discrimination based on race, religion, socio-economic status, gender, disability, and sexual orientation.
- Umstead Park UCC • 8208 Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh NC 27617 • 919-844-6661 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • A Thoughtful and Progressive Community of Faith. An Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ.
- United Church of Chapel Hill • 919-942-3540 • email@example.com • 1321 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • Website • Facebook • United Church of Chapel Hill is an Open & Affirming, justice seeking, progressive congregation of the United Church of Christ with full programs for children, youth and adults. Festival Worship is at 9:45 a.m. on Sundays in our Sanctuary, and our La Mesa Y Café worship service in Spanish is at 11:00 a.m. on Sundays in our Assembly Hall.
- Unity Center of Peace • 8800 Seawell School Rd., Chapel Hill • 919-968-1854 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Unity Center of Peace is a positive path for spiritual living. We are a loving, empowering and inclusive spiritual community that is part of the New Thought movement and envision the Divine Light Awakening in all!
- Watts Street Baptist Church • 800 Watts St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-688-1366 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Watts Street Baptist Church is a progressive, inclusive, ecumenical, welcoming and affirming congregation uniting prayer, learning, and social justice in the context of a vibrant community.
- Senior Pastor Tye Williams • The Experience Christian Church, 4809 Hargrove Rd Suite 113/115, 27616 Raleigh, NC • (984) 377-7359 • Tyewilliams.evrealestate.com • Facebook • The Experience Christian Church is an up and coming, small, and affirming new-age ministry designed for everyone!