Transgender and Gender Affirming Programs
Transgender and Gender Affirming Resources
- Chrystal Bartlett • Transgender Transition Coach, 1425 Chester Road, Raleigh NC 27608 • 919-833-6498 • [email protected] • Website • LinkedIn • I coach youth and adults to master gender-centric vocal and nonverbal behaviors, including pitch. Nonverbal services include body language, attire, hair, and make-up. Affirming vendor list available. My rate is $75/hour w/some sliding scale fees.
- Kate Double, MSW, LCSW • Relationship Restoration, 6511 Creedmoor Rd Suite 101, Raleigh, NC 27613 • 919-240-2376 • [email protected] • Website • Kate Double, MSW, LCSW provides counseling and sex therapy that focuses on wellness for individuals; and support for couples and sexuality for ALL. Some sliding scale and reduced fee appointments may be available for those with financial need.
- Duke Voice Care Center • 234 Crooked Creek Pkwy Suite 500, Durham, NC 27713 • 919-684-3834 • [email protected] • Website • At Duke Voice Care Center, we offer transgender voice services including vocal assessment and treatment in Durham & Raleigh. Our voice & speech pathologists Tara Nixon, Caroline Banka, and Emily Wolber specialize in gender diverse voice care.
- Durham Gender Alliance • 919-399-5096 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Durham Gender Alliance is an online gender-issues support group, whose local members meet once a month on the third Saturday. Email for access to listserve and Facebook page.
- The Freedom Center for Social Justice • 4921 Albemarle Rd. Suite 201, Charlotte NC 28205 • 980-729-8454 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Founded in 2009, we are committed to providing essential support and advocacy for trans* people, elders, people of color, youth, sexual minorities and communities of faith and facilitating dialogue that opens doors, offers hope, and saves lives.
- Timothy Gordon, Ph.D. • 4102 Ben Franklin Blvd, Durham NC 27704 • 919-972-7700 • [email protected] • Website • Twitter • LinkedIn • I am an LGBT-affirming Licensed Psychologist that specializes in individual and couples therapy. I work with a wide range of concerns and have been an active part in numerous trans-identified client's transition process.
- Kuan Yin • [email protected] • Twitter • Triangle-area transgender-only syringe exchange program. Free IM syringes, injection supplies, hormone + silicone injection education, overdose prevention and naloxone access, and safer sex supplies, including the internal/female condom.
- MyDoorSign all-gender restroom signs • 300 Cadman Plaza West Suite 1303, Brooklyn NY 11201 • 718-797-1900 • [email protected] • Website • Your organization may be eligible for free all-gender restroom signs. For details, please contact Katelyn, our Community Manager, at [email protected]
- NC Triangle Trans Lady Picnic • [email protected] • The Triangle Trans Lady Picnic is a monthly gathering for trans women to meet each other, build community, and share a meal. Anyone who feels comfortable identifying with the phrase "trans lady" is welcome, regardless of gender expression.
- NCHRC Trans Discussion Group • First Weds: Community Empowerment Fund, 208 N. Columbia St, Suite 100, Chapel Hill, NC 27514/Third Weds: LGBTQ Center of Durham, 114 Hunt St. Durham • 919-370-0671 • [email protected] • Trans Discussion Group meets two Wednesdays a month at 8pm. The 1st Wed. of the month is open to anyone, and the 3rd Wed. is only for folks who identify as transgender/gender-nonconforming/genderqueer.
- David Young Oh • 2009 Chapel Hill Road, Durham NC 27707 • 919-960-1396 • [email protected] • Website • Using a model of wellness and resilience, I build counseling relationships that are nurturing, non-judgmental and warm. I am a clinical counselor specializing in the treatment of worry and anxiety, low self-esteem, and LGB, Trans and Queer issues.