Transgender and Gender Affirming Programs
Transgender and Gender Affirming Resources
- A. Jenna Beckham, MD • 505 Oberlin Rd, Suite 230 Raleigh, NC 27605 • 919-235-6514 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Obstetrician Gynecologist offering comprehensive and affirming care for patients regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Also offers hysterectomy for transgender male patients. Medicaid and self-pay patients accepted.
- Kate Double, MSW, LCSW • Relationship Restoration, 6511 Creedmoor Rd Suite 101, Raleigh, NC 27613 • 919-240-2376 • email@example.com • Website • Kate Double, MSW, LCSW provides counseling and sex therapy that focuses on wellness for individuals; and support for couples and sexuality for ALL. Some sliding scale and reduced fee appointments may be available for those with financial need.
- Duke Voice Care Center • 234 Crooked Creek Pkwy Suite 500, Durham, NC 27713 • 919-684-3834 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • At Duke Voice Care Center, we offer transgender voice services including vocal assessment and treatment in Durham & Raleigh. Our voice & speech pathologists Tara Nixon, Caroline Banka, and Emily Wolber specialize in gender diverse voice care.
- Durham Gender Alliance • 919-399-5096 • email@example.com • Facebook • Durham Gender Alliance is an online gender-issues support group, whose local members meet once a month on the third Saturday. Email for access to listserve and Facebook page.
- Milan Laser Hair Removal • 833-667-2967 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Milan Laser Hair Removal • 202 NC-54 #502, Durham, NC 27713 • 833-667-2967 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Milan Laser Hair Removal is proud to be an ally to the LGBTQ+ community. Milan Laser was founded in 2012 by two Board Certified medical doctors and is the nation’s leading laser hair removal company with more than 190 locations nationwide.
We are committed to treating all of our clients with respect, and to providing them with a safe and comfortable environment for our services. Our highly trained medical professionals are overseen by physicians, and utilize ongoing research to ensure that all of our treatments are performed safely. Milan utilizes an exclusive protocol that tailors each treatment to the individual client in order to give them the best results possible.
We strive to build relationships with our clients that are based on trust and respect. Our goal is to provide 100% customer satisfaction to every client, and we will do everything we can to ensure that our clients are happy with their experience as well as their results.
- The Freedom Center for Social Justice • 4921 Albemarle Rd. Suite 201, Charlotte NC 28205 • 980-729-8454 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Founded in 2009, we are committed to providing essential support and advocacy for trans* people, elders, people of color, youth, sexual minorities and communities of faith and facilitating dialogue that opens doors, offers hope, and saves lives.
- Timothy Gordon, Ph.D. • 4102 Ben Franklin Blvd, Durham NC 27704 • 919-972-7700 • email@example.com • Website • Twitter • LinkedIn • I am an LGBT-affirming Licensed Psychologist that specializes in individual and couples therapy. I work with a wide range of concerns and have been an active part in numerous trans-identified client's transition process.
- Kuan Yin • firstname.lastname@example.org • Twitter • Triangle-area transgender-only syringe exchange program. Free IM syringes, injection supplies, hormone + silicone injection education, overdose prevention and naloxone access, and safer sex supplies, including the internal/female condom.
- MyDoorSign all-gender restroom signs • 300 Cadman Plaza West Suite 1303, Brooklyn NY 11201 • 718-797-1900 • email@example.com • Website • Your organization may be eligible for free all-gender restroom signs. For details, please contact Katelyn, our Community Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NC Triangle Trans Lady Picnic • email@example.com • The Triangle Trans Lady Picnic is a monthly gathering for trans women to meet each other, build community, and share a meal. Anyone who feels comfortable identifying with the phrase "trans lady" is welcome, regardless of gender expression.
- NCHRC Trans Discussion Group • First Weds: Community Empowerment Fund, 208 N. Columbia St, Suite 100, Chapel Hill, NC 27514/Third Weds: LGBTQ Center of Durham, 114 Hunt St. Durham • 919-370-0671 • firstname.lastname@example.org • website • Trans Discussion Group meets two Wednesdays a month at 8pm. The 1st Wed. of the month is open to anyone, and the 3rd Wed. is only for folks who identify as transgender/gender-nonconforming/genderqueer.
- David Young Oh • 2009 Chapel Hill Road, Durham NC 27707 • 919-960-1396 • email@example.com • Website • Using a model of wellness and resilience, I build counseling relationships that are nurturing, non-judgmental and warm. I am a clinical counselor specializing in the treatment of worry and anxiety, low self-esteem, and LGB, Trans and Queer issues.