Hint: Use your device's search function (Ctrl-F or Command-F on a computer) to search through the listed resources for key terms, such as 'camp' or 'school'.
February 2023: We have recently added two fields to our request form. You will see LGBTQ-owned? and AAILA-owned? on some entries. These are self-declared fields. AAILA is 'African, Asian, Indigenous, Latin American'.
- iNSIDEoUT • P.O. Box 25429 Durham, NC 27702 • 919-706-2941 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Instagram • iNSIDEoUT is a youth-led network of safe spaces, resources, and opportunities for LGBTQ+ youth to unite and organize. We elevate and celebrate the voices and knowledge of LGBTQ+ youth of all backgrounds.
- Haven House / Wrenn House • 908 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh NC 27603 • 919-832-7866 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • Wrenn House is the only homeless, runaway and crisis intervention program and shelter for youth in the Triangle. Wrenn House provides immediate intervention and short term shelter 24/7 for youths ages 10-17. 908 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh NC 27603
- Queer Oriented Rap/Rock Day School • 1005 Broad Street, Durham, NC 27705 • 503-680-0763 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • This is a week-long overnight summer camp for queer/trans youth or youth of LGBTQ families, with special focus on youth in the South. Young people ages 12-17 form bands and write songs to perform at the end of the week. They also attend workshops on issue
- Rainbow Collective for Change • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Instagram • Rainbow Collective for Change (RCC) is a collective of diverse community members working together to build LGBTQIA+ and gender inclusive spaces for families with children ages 0-12. RCC provides LGBTQIA+ families with meaningful opportunities to connect with each other (e.g., Rainbow Play Dates) and engage in advocacy and activism as a collective. RCC also hosts community events, such as Rainbow Story Times, to engage ALL families (allies welcomed) with children ages 0-8 with diverse children's books, discussions, and activities about gender, race, diversity, disability, injustice, and activism or speaking up.
Rainbow Collective for Change also provides tools and training for schools, families, and organizations to be LGBTQ+ and Gender Inclusive. Rainbow Kits are one of those tools available to preschool and elementary school teachers, counselors, or other school staff. Rainbow Kits contain 12 LGBTQIA+ and gender inclusive children's books, book tabs to help facilitate developmentally appropriate discussions, lessons, gender inclusive language magnets, and much more. Reach out to Anne (she/they) for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Safe Schools NC • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Safe Schools NC supports LGBTQ students, teachers, and families. We provide confidential advice on bullying and harassment, talk to student groups, and train teachers on creating safe classrooms