Food Pantry Administrator
Food Pantry - Administrator
The LGBTQ Center of Durham’s vision is to create a community where all LGBTQ+ lived experiences are affirmed, supported, and celebrated.
The LGBTQ Center of Durham supports LGBTQ+ people through services, programming, resources, and support networks that center their wellbeing and allows them to thrive.
Core programs include Project FAM, GRASP, LGBTQ+ Youth Center, a re-centered Pride, and other gender inclusive support programs. Located in downtown Durham, North Carolina, the Center has a staff of thirteen, a six-member Board of Directors and an annual operating budget of approximately $1,000,000+.
The Administrator for the Food Pantry at the LGBTQ Center of Durham will assist the Operations Manager in stocking, distributing and keeping records for the Food Pantry and its clients. This includes providing essential knowledge from a client perspective in program development.
To be successful as the Administrator for the Food Pantry, you should be committed to helping QTBIPOC and other food insecure clients meet immediate needs for nutritious food which they can safely store and prepare. As capacity allows, this position may offer nutrition education to clients.
Ultimately, an outstanding Administrator for the Food Pantry should be able to build rapport with Queer or Trans community members who are food insecure; work closely with the team of staff and volunteers; demonstrate excellent organizational skills; and understand how to meet the requirements for maintaining partnership with the Food Bank of Central and eastern NC, as well as any additional suppliers of our pantry.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain the Food Pantry for daily success.
- Order and pickup supplies from the Food Bank of Central and Eastern Carolina and/or assist volunteers with this task.
- Keep accurate daily and monthly records. Assist with required monthly reporting.
- Identify trends within the Food Pantry operations, and assist with improvements.
- Experience working in a collaborative setting; program management and development.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, creativity, and a commitment to and passion for the organization’s mission; personable under pressure, able to problem solve and able to work with diverse constituencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, self-starting, results-oriented; able to work under pressure and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Competency in supporting LGBTQ+ community members with meeting emergent basic needs
- Sound knowledge of local food resources
- Commitment to and knowledge of the greater Durham queer and trans communities and an understanding of issues affecting the Durham LGBTQ+ community; with a strong anti-oppressive/anti-racism lens.
- Valid NC driver’s license and personal vehicle to use in transporting stock from the Durham location of the Food Bank of NC
- Associate’s degree in related field
- Evening and weekend availability
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred but not required).
Depending on education and experience, stipend will be $18 for 20/hours per month.
THIS IS A GRANT-FUNDED, TIME-LIMITED POSITION WITH A LIKELIHOOD OF RENEWAL. NO GRANT FUNDING IS EVER GUARANTEED.
To see the full job description, click here.
Instructions to apply:
All applications for the Food Pantry Administrator must be received by Thursday November 9, at 5 PM.
To ensure a complete application, we strongly encourage you to use our application page to apply for this position. Alternatively, you may email a formal cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail both items to:
LGBTQ Center of Durham
attn: Job Opportunities
1007 Broad Street
Durham NC 27705
We will not review incomplete applications. Given the number of anticipated applications, we request that you follow-up by email only -- no phone calls, please.
For questions, contact email@example.com to learn more.